Sunday 17 June 2018

Baby Felix arrives and his quilt is complete!

I've made it my tradition to make a quilt for the new babies of my friends and colleagues so on discovering a baby was on its way I got busy with a quilt!

Not pink or blue was my only clue on the colour scheme and so I hunted for a charm pack that said baby in some other colour way. And there I found it!


Where is the bear? They were everywhere! and can you spot the bunny?

I loved it! so inspired by fabric as usual I began with HST. Easy to make and variation comes with how you place them.


so I've been collecting broken dishes on Pinterest and so I started there. Swapping the ends out to make my basic block.



Then I arranged them in 4's and a star appeared!! Yes Yes Yes!

 can you see the bear here?

 and here!

  Here is another bear!








Then I needed to make these 9 blocks into a quilt! so I added 1 1/2 sashing between the 6 best.

It was narrow and tall so I added different width white borders to square it up a bit, then a lovely beige border to finish it off.


Then to FMQ!


flowers as the background...





and each centre has its own circular pattern.










I love it!



and I bought some labels! so I used one :)




Felix loves it! and so does his mummy and daddy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment