Wednesday 23 May 2018

Autumn inspired Tilda fabric

I was sat in a hotel bedroom browsing on my phone when up popped an Ebay listing showing some beautiful tilda fabric in autumn colours. I clicked buy straight away and when I got home, there was my little package of gorgeous fabric.

I had been looking at making a row quilt for a while now but so many other things get in the way. Lots of fruit inspired patterns caught my eye and the fabric colours said pears straight away. There wasn't enough fabric to make a row quilt but enough for several pears.

I drew out on squared paper my pear and measured it all carefully. I didn't know exactly how much to add for seam allowances so a bit of googling and some head scratching I had a plan. I decided the Tilda was too precious to chop for a tester so I pulled out some green polkadot that matched well and tried that. The stalk was difficult and I changed where my seams were at the stalk and leaf part so that it lay flatter but at last I was satisfied and took the rotary cutter to my Tilda fabric.

9 pears later I had a great pear quilt and a little fabric left over. I decided to make a squared border and chopped up my fabric into strips to piece then chop. I kept going till all the fabric was too small to make any more squares and fitted them as a pretty border around the edge.

Searching my stash for a binding and quick straight line walking foot quilting... it's all done! I definitely want pears in my row quilt!

Up onto ETSY it went! Cross fingers someone else loves it as much as me!

autumn-pears-wall-hanging










No comments:

Post a Comment