Tuesday 8 May 2018

First Etsy Listing

So! Here I am attempting to sell my first quilt for real!

I made an Etsy shop to try and sell online. My shop is called RedhoodsSewingBasket (of course!) and I'm finding it very exciting!

Link to my first listing!

I made a quilt from some beautiful fabric from Dashwood called Mori. It is red and pink with apples, houses and trees that inspired me to make a churn dash quilt.



I made 9 7 inch churn dash blocks and separated them with some 2 1/2 inch sashing. Then I added a Rose and Hubble polkadot border. I really like the way it frames a quilt and makes the colours come together as a theme.

Then it was free motion quilting time. I must make a video of this next time.

I decided to do some hearts in the centre of each block. Each is slightly different. Then I completed the quilting with a dense all over meander.










 So now I have to wait and see if it gets any interest at all! Keep your fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment