Wednesday 12 April 2017

Oh! do my shoulders ache or what!

I've been wrestling yesterday and today!

With a quilt!!

I loved the Hunter's star pattern from Missouri Star tutorial on the Hunter's Star quilt, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KtiLK_xJk and bought some Moda Nomad fabric and Kona bone for the background which I thought would be great in my sitting room.

I followed all the directions, even the squaring up which took ages! and I sewed them all together - beautiful!

So now for the backing and batting. This may be the beginning of my problems. I went for 5oz. Now I love the loft of 5oz and when hand quilting it really doesn't make a difference but I was planning on FMQ and I hadn't really thought about the logistics.

I have  Janome and it doesn't have a lot of room in there. But I battled with my quilt to get it in - I could sew about an inch at a time in the centre!.

It took me 2 whole days! but now the quilting is done - and its binding next.






Anyway - thats for tomorrow! I deserve an evening off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment