Monday 10 April 2017

Easter hols - at last I finished that hexi cushion!

So I have been watching tv and hand sewing 1 inch hexis to make one of two long cushions to match my HST cushions. At last I had time to go zip shopping and time to make it up. I'm loving it and the contrast with the others!



So now I only have one lonely orange cushion left to be covered!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm sure it should be different from the hexi one.

I tried foundation paper piecing this weekend and I'm loving it! except for all the paper!!!

Maybe I could make a feathered star (this is what I made. I shall try to post some pics later) but I'm not sure that goes with the tessellated shapes. I like to have something to do on my lap while watching tv so I think I want to English paper piece again but a simple band of rectangle stripes might be a good contrast. I think a trawl through Pinterest may help me decide!

I could go mad and add a wall hanging to match...

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment