Sunday 16 July 2017

When you have very little notice!

AARRRGGGGHHHH!

I took my mini quilt present to work to show my friends and discovered one of them is getting (quietly) married this holiday too! She cooed over my quilt and I said I had had lots of time to work on it then she came out with she was also getting married and it was just close family. But we can't have that! She needs a present and a congratulations on her marriage! It's part of what quilts are for! Especially for me - I love giving someone something special.

So this weekend I have non-stopped sewed and quilted to try and get another wedding quilt ready. I used the same random method and different fabrics from my scrap bag but I didn't have the head space to come up with a new idea - so it again was hearts and initials.

I think my quilting is better on the top - I did some echo quilting which I really like - but I didn't spend enough time securing the layers so I have a couple of pleats in the backing. I learn from my mistakes and will be more thorough next time.







I put on red binding rather than the green - which do you prefer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment